Saturday, January 3, 2009

everything happens in three's.....or is it two's?



I have always been an avid believer in the saying, "everything happens in three's", and it is because of this conviction of mine that I was sure the inevitable "third" was just around the corner. First my camera breaks at a very unwelcome time, and that was soon followed with my trusty sewing machine that went kaput on me yesterday as I returned from my holiday hibernation to start sewing again. (argh!) After reluctantly handing over my mum's twenty year old machine to Mr. Fix-it (it's going to be two weeks before I get it back) I started to brace myself for number three. Little did I know that waiting for me in the mailbox was the copy of the Japanese book that I have been dying to see for a good part of the year. Although I don't understand a word of it, it was beautiful to see all the wonderful work in this book about doll designers from around the globe. (especially the one that calls herself "mummmysam" )

(sorry.....for some reason, I couln't rotate this one)

Thank you so much NuNu for doing such a spectacular job, and even more thanks for inviting me to be a part of it!

So, there you have it......maybe everything does come in threes, and either I just missed that third, or this book arrival was a big enough moment to offset that third?

6 comments:

leah said...

that's so exciting! you are in a book!
i would love to see it in person.

tangled sky studio said...

what a great way to start the new year!

Cary Walker said...

congrats! that's wonderful

elma said...

Congratulations on being in a magazine even if we can't read it:) What a way to start out 2009. Have a wonderful week.

Rubyellen said...

fabulous! you are worthy to be in so many things... such works of art are your creations! how can i get my hands on that book? i am sure there are lots of creative things if you're in it, even if i don't understand it either!

sammi said...

hey everyone, thanks so much! as far as I know, you have to fly to Japan to get it....they are going to see how well it does there and then bring it to the U.S. if it goes well