Sunday, December 21, 2008

those holiday cards.....




Whenever the time comes to ready some cards for sending to friends and family for the holidays, I am often struck at how hard it is to find images of the boys that would work well. I have a tendency to take pictures with only hands and feet showing, and if I do capture their faces the expressions are usually very serious and looking off to the side. I have always found more of a connection with these images, and can find myself easily lost in the power of emotion that can result from these pictures of them. If I do capture a smile it has to be spontaneous and unexpected, and when that does happen it is a wonderful treat. With that being said, the boys and I set out on trying to marry both my photographic needs with what I think (o.k, more like hope) family and friends would like to see of our boys. After sporting our favourite crowns (I can't get enough of Ruby's crowns), we set ourselves up in the boy's room and began to shoot. Twenty minutes of having mummy take endless photos of A's various superhero poses and little M's airplane tricks, they forgot about me and I was able to get what I hoped would make good goliday card material. O.K., so I may have gone for the serious and off to the side again, but I did manage a smile in there, right?

3 comments:

Nessa said...

I'm loving this photo, your Christmas cards will be great. That is some serious photographic commitment too. I used to take B&W photography & developing lessons in my teens, and my teacher always said you should shoot an entire roll or two just to expect a few really good shots. Luckily it's minus the film these days, so it's a lot cheaper.

tangled sky studio said...

Hi Stranger....I'm about t work on getting a picture of 3 kiddos for our New Year's card (mission impossible) but your post has given me a great idea! See you back on the blog soon...

Peace,
Beth

ergobaby said...

Cute lovely baby! Beautiful mummy.
Are you interest in Ergo Baby Carrier Australia | Ergo baby carrier Australia ?

ergo baby carrier sale networks consist of lots of contraptions for instance weather condition insure, hips stretcher, american girl doll tote etcetera. YOUR weather condition insure may be for since the toddler whether it's very frigid, including a hips stretcher may be for offering the newborn child tote to slip extra heavy-set dad and mom. Plus ERGO Baby give sometimes ergo american girl doll carrier's networks to get pre-teens to stay at its activities absolutely by way of taking dolls and also teddies in buying it.

Ergo Baby Carrier is hot sale in Australia. The Ergo baby's ergonomic design supports a correct sitting position for the baby's development. Shop comfortable and best Ergobaby Here! If you have friends, could you please tell them? Easy use.Cheap and comfortable! Thank you very much!!!