Wednesday, December 17, 2008

it's beginning to look a lot like.......


Between keeping up with shop postings and getting ready for the Bust show, my December up to this point was very mummysam hectic. It wasn't until my very exhausted return from New York City did I realize, with some panic I might add, that Christmas was just a handful of days away and I have done barely anything for my own family. And so it came to be that after closing the shop yesterday for christmas, the holiday preparations went underway. The snowfall that pleasantly suprised the boys this morning was the perfect way to start what I am sure will be many a day filled with playing in the snow, drinking hot cocoa and warming our cold toes and fingers by the fire. Little M and I baked some yummy butter twist cookies today before big A came home on the bus, and it just brought back so many wonderful memories of my own childhood as he came in from the cold to see a plate with some freshed baked treats to nibble on. (well, maybe the cookie part didn't happen until after 10 minutes of getting soaked trying to remove the dripping boots, wet snowpants, a jacket with hidden pockets of snow, damp socks , a toque and two hard to remove gloves with the end result of one huge puddle that I accidentally stepped into with my one dry sock.....)
happy holidays!

3 comments:

tangled sky studio said...

you clever girl-what a great photo (is that your new camera?)! I experienced more than one wet sock dressing and undressing 3 snow monsters today....like the sand in the summer I have a love/hate relationship with snow.
beth

sammi said...

yes beth.....look familiar? for some reason one of my biggest peeves is stepping into something wet like that......(the other being walking through dew on grass with sandals on..)

Rubyellen said...

wow! love the new camera... how are you liking it so far?