Wednesday, November 19, 2008

some custom fabric perhaps?



I used to document my life with my little ones through what I called my "scribble pages". I would often lay in bed after many a long day and challenge myself to record the day through these little drawn images. It has been quite amusing looking at these after a few years have passed, and thought they might make a great pattern for some fabric. I have been wanting to design my own fabric to incorporate into my dolls, and think this might be just what I need. After the wee ones retire tonight, I hope to spend a good evening on Spoonflower coming up with that perfect design. What do you think?

9 comments:

tangled sky studio said...

this an awsome idea for fabric...(i could use an apron out of this). i've had my spoonflower invite for awhile (i know now they're open to all) but have been completely lacking in decision making ability....the possibilities are endless!

Ali said...

I say yes!

Rubyellen said...

an apron sounds divine! i;m with tangles sky studio!

or an apron on a doll with this... hmmm. but your brain is fantastic so i am sure you will come up with some greater!

leah said...

i love this idea of journaling with drawings. i can definitely imagine this as fabric too. i would like to see how your doodles have changed since the boys have gotten older. a series perhaps?

ana lilia said...

your journal is amazing! it clearly describes, without many words, exactly everything we do as mothers. so when your husband comes home and asks you how your day went or what you did that day, you could just show him your journal. awesome! and i think it would be a great idea to make some fabric with that design. maybe you could make some diaper bags or aprons.

Leslie said...

that is too cool!

Leila said...

That is SO cute! It seems made for the job already. I can't wait to see how it comes out.

Ramshackler Julia said...

What a beautiful way to document the day with kids and do something for yourself. I love your pictogram journals. Fabric would be great out of this. It would make a great book too. In fact, please keep me posted if there are any book developments. Your journals are like Edward Tufte on parenting. Wonderful.

Gladys said...

Wow! It´s absolutely gorgeous!
You could use it as a print, a postcard ( I would know for sure some super busy stay at home mums who
would love such cute reminder of everything they do during an ordinary day).
Lovely blog!