Monday, September 8, 2008

oh, the advantages of ADD....


Although my attention span is quite poor (I am impossible when it comes to focussing on conversations....there are too many "shiny" things to distract me...) there is a plus to being blessed with ADD as an artist. Thankfully this new medium is really allowing me to succumb to my continuous need to change things up. One week its dolls, the next houses, and this week it's everything miniature. I just had to get this out of my head and into something material last night, and found myself working feverishly to get it done. I absolutely love the way they turned out and think there are so many possibilities with these figures. My son loved setting them up with some of my plush townhouses, and I found them particularly interesting placed on top of framed pictures in my hallway. This has been one of those projects that felt really good to do....now we just need to see how long I keep interested until the next "shiny" thing catches my eye!

3 comments:

tangled sky studio said...

hi sammi,
i'm wondering how tall are these sweet people? i am so fascinated by the machine stitching on them. i've only done hand stitching on dolls but i love this look you achieve with the machine....really beautiful work!

susan said...

Love your new dolls...brilliant idea to go with your houses! Do you literally have ADD or did you mean that metphorically? Creativity, motherhood and life in general has made me feel that I too may have a disorder....? I once read a book about it written by physicians that were ADHD. They had a long list of symptoms....and at the end....they asked...did you make it all the way to the end? Barely....Ha!

Susan

sammi said...

oh yes....I was medicated and experienced focus like I never had before! I haven't been on it since getting pregnant with my first one, and since then the kids have done a pretty good job of keeping me focused :)