Monday, August 18, 2008

Thank you Alliot


Thank you so much to Alliot in Hong Kong for featuring me on her lovely blog, izakoo. It's such an amazing feeling when you discover that someone from the other side of the world is checking in....just an amazing feeling...
I started mummysam just a few months ago, with some admitted nerves about diving into a very unfamiliar medium (still can't sew a pillow...), and the response from everyone has been so encouraging. After taking a few years off from painting to devote 100% times to my wee boys, I feel like I have finally figured out a balance that allows me to be a mum but at the same time continue an identity as an artist. While the last few years have been full of amazing "firsts" with the boys that I couldn't imagine not being home to be part of, there have been those days where I panicked at the thought of my identity only being defined by the word mum. To go from painting 70 hours a week to letting the brushes collect dust was a huge sacrifice that ,albeit very difficult at times, was the right choice for me. With painting too hard to accomplish in the stage I am with the boys right now, mummysam has given me the flexibility to take advantage of those little unexpected moments during the day and get in a little art.

3 comments:

bumblebird said...

I know just how you feel...Your creations are so unique and nostalgic. Love them!

-Heather

tangled sky studio said...

...and you're doing a beautiful job! you can absolutely see your painting past in your dolls and houses.

michelle said...

Good for you, that is an amazing accomplishment!