Monday, August 4, 2008

mummysam coming to Japan....


I have been feverishly working on a couple of dolls to create and photograph for the upcoming cover of a book on doll designers coming out this September. It will be published in Japan, and I started working on these after an amazing e-mail informing me that a mummysam doll will be used for the cover and promotional postcards! They are even printing out life-sized boards of my doll to place in the new release section of the book stores.....I am thrilled beyond words and nervous at the same time. Nigel(pictured above) was sewn as a potential cover contender. I went a bit crazy with the detail on this boy, but I think it was worth the late night :) I will post him in the shop today. Have a good day!

9 comments:

Michelle said...

wow!
i love how your dolls have evolved into such masterpieces.and to be published is fantastic...

sammi said...

thank you so much!

Janice said...

This is the first I've heard of a book! When will it be out in the 'states'? Please tell me more about it! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations...I have been following your work for a while and check in often! I love your style,wit and humor. I would really love to check out the book when published. Will it be available in the US?

Susan

sammi said...

Hi Everyone...thanks for your comments about the upcoming book project! As far as I know, it's just Japan....so, if anyone finds themselves there in September can you scope out the bookstores and sneak in some photos? :)

Blooming said...

That's amazing! fantastic! I live in Japan (Osaka) I can't wait to be able to see it on newstands!!! I went to the video store tonight but the DVD I wanted was out so I spent an hour reading craft magazines. Here in Japan it's quite acceptable to do that and not buy anything!

Send me an email once the book is out and I will photograph it for you. And hopefully buy it if it isn't too expensive.

It's gmail

flapjacs @

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

it would be pretty darn cool to get your hands on a life-size board

Rubyellen said...

sam!!! that is so darn exciting! congratulations... i know there are just much more wonderful things in store for you!!!

Kathryn Laughton said...

Well, finally! It's just wonderful that you are being recognised for your clever and feverish activity. Well done!

Kathryn (palefella)