Thursday, August 14, 2008

a mixed blessing.....


Oh how I have forgotten how much fun and exhausting the determined independence stage can be.... whether it be the cute moments of him pouring his own milk into his bowl of wheatabix, or the extremely agonizing and patience testing times of him putting his own car seatbelt together (not so much a fan of this one). I sometimes get too caught up in having to get somewhere, and have to remind myself to take a deep breath and just let him take his own time getting the task set out completed....even if that means waiting in the driveway for twenty minutes waiting for him to finally "click" the last piece in without any help from mum....oh to be almost three :)

1 comment:

tangled sky studio said...

i'm right there with you...my little guy comes down with his underwear AND shorts on backwards everytime (or sometimes just skips the underwear!). Your work is absolutely lovely...I'm so pleased to have found my way to your blog. Have a great weekend..