Sunday, August 10, 2008

a late night well worth the effort....



well, I did initially retire for the evening at about 9:30pm....after laying there for a while deciding whether or not to just get myself back up, I decided it would be best to crank up the retroactive music and get crackin' (mainly motivated by the idea that the next day would present very little opportunity to get this idea out of my head and all sewn with two little ones at my side) Several repeats of "'til tuesday'" went by before succesfully finishing this piece. It is based off of a painting I had done several years back, and I was itching to see it converted into felt. I think it turned out well, and plan on posting the piece in my shop along with 5x7" prints of it as well. Let me know if you'd like to see it as a print!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I love the combination of machine and hand sewing in your pieces and love getting the close up look. I'm so inspired by what you are doing. Keep up the good work!

dubuhdudesigns said...

This is a fabulous piece as are your new homes! Your work makes me smile each time I see it!