Sunday, July 6, 2008

shoes.....



Yes, it took seeing a "What not to wear" episode to notice what having little kids has done to my sense of fashion. If you call wearing a cotton shirt every single day (yet a different color I mind you!) fashion trendy, then I was one hip mama. Ever since the spit up days of feeding baby number one, I have fallen into the habit of wearing whatever is comfortable....then you get to the stage where you find yourself scraping off dried drool off your shoulder proud that you could get another day's wear out of it. It was getting bad....so I decided with the little guys now well out of babyhood, it was time to start looking at myself a bit more closely. Earings have been coming back into play, and different styles of tops are being bought. The only thing left to really focus on were the shoes. Yes, I would love to own a pair of Keen mary janes, or a few pair of Clarks mary janes (notice a pattern?) but I wanted something less expensive. I have found getting that perfect shoe that not only looks good, but also allows you to continue watching two active boys comfortably quite tricky. I finally settled on these guys...they gave me the mary jane fix I needed, plus allowed me to run down the street catching loose balls. Are they what I would buy if I were single walking through the city streets? no....but they are perfect for adding a little bit of style to the suburbs.

2 comments:

Ali said...

Ooh - I likem! Sadly my feet are too enormous for Mary Janes of any description.

Rubyellen said...

I know this feeling very well. I have been trying to "dress up" a bit more.