Saturday, July 12, 2008

he had to have a party......


Apparently having a birthday party with just mum, dad, little brother, and a visiting grandma didn't quite cut it......so, on a whim we invited the neighborhood kids over for a last minute party in the back yard. Oh how simple the whole idea seemed in the morning, yet by noon I was sweating buckets trying to quickly bake a cake, whip up some buttercream frosting, roll the sushi sandwiches, make the pasta, fill up the water balloons.......I got ahead of myself a bit. Anyway, after a day of hectic preparation, the neighborhood kids sauntered over and thus began an evening of water balloon madness. As I was happily resting in my chair with a glass of wine, I peered through the kids to see my five year old beaming with joy as he ran around with the older kids. He was in heaven, and the look on his face made the craziness of the day all worth it.
Happy birthday buddy....

2 comments:

Lovermore said...

Such a beautiful cake!

Leila said...

Happy Birthday to him! It was so nice of you to do all of that.