Monday, July 21, 2008

for every five, there is one......


My art professor once told me, "for every five failures, there is always one good one".
I was given this bit of advice when everything I was churning out just wouldn't go the direction I wanted to. Ready to give up, I took what he had to say and kept plugging away.....then it came. The painting that would turn out better than I could have expected, and along with that the renewed excitement about making art. Every once in a while I go through this phase, and this past weekend was definatley no exception. So much energy was spent on a quilted drawing, that I finally had to accept its demise. As hard as it was to let go, I put it away and started working on something else.....and here she is. I absolutely love her and cannot wait to post her in the shop tonight. I needed this...the excitement is back full force and I am ready to go :) The time will come when I am ready to go back to the quilt, but for now she needs a rest......

2 comments:

Leila said...

Yay! I'm so happy that you're excited. That's the best way to be.

sammi said...

thanks leila!