Saturday, July 5, 2008

a boy turns five......



It's six o'clock as my newly turned five year old sets his birthday crown aside and climbs his exhausted little body into bed. I don't know if it's because of the gifts, but he suddenly seems so much older. Watching him trying to shoot a basket and kick a soccer ball into the goal, I suddenly watch my boy grow up. I don't know why this particular birthday has suddenly made him that much older, but it has. My boys are growing up! I was hoping to write something all meaningful, but I have just finished sewing up a couple of dolls (with a good cup of coffee to help me along) and now I am anxious to join my mum and husband on the couch to catch up on the Tour de France before putting my own exhausted body to bed.

1 comment:

Rubyellen said...

They looks so adorable (the boys not the crown)!!! They are both so sweet looking. Happy birthday Aidan! I am so glad they are both excited about it! Thank you! Thank you!