Tuesday, June 3, 2008

the things he used to say.....


I was working in my sewing room the other night when I came accross a pen and ink drawing I had done when Aidan was 18 months old. The page was filled with images of objects that he could identify, and it immediately brought me back to that time when I would rush to write down every new word he would pick up. I decided to explore things a bit further and started sewing up these words, thus building up a very tactile documentation of this time in his life...it became very addicting! (to the point where I found myself still sewing at midnight, and then realizing that the little guys are going to be up and ready at 6am... not so good for a mummy who's head usually hits the pillow by 9pm...) anyway, I was thinking of developing this further into an idea for the shop. I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

Rubyellen said...

that is so sweet... maybe an alphabet series like that? I love seeing all your creations!