Tuesday, June 17, 2008

revisiting my past.....



I managed to sneak into my studio downstairs (thanks to a lovely grandma who will be visiting for three weeks!) and pick up some paints that have been left alone for so long. I really enjoyed bringing some of the sewing into the painting, and was thrilled to see how well the embroidery touches looked. It brought back instant memories of my days pre-kids, where painting was my full-time career. I am thinking of working on some more paintings while my mum is here, in hopes of getting some prints made for the shop.
We are off now to take grandma for some coffee, and then return to a day of chasing poor tired grandma around the house :)
Please let me know if you would like to see some prints in the shop, as I always love to hear your opinions!

8 comments:

susan said...

I say YES for prints!

artslice said...

This is a great piece! I found your shop on etsy and came on over to your blog... your work is so beautiful and inspiring! I say 'yes' for prints too.

Happy Days,
Brenda

Anonymous said...

I love your work and am impressed with how much you manage to create with small children in your life. Mine are grown up....and I remember longing to work undisturbed. Love to see prints in your shop. Thank you for sharing....Your life and work are very inspiring!

Susan

Rubyellen said...

My vote is YES!

Enjoy this time with your mom... it is a heavensent that you can get some work done.

ellencrimitrent said...

Hi I just found your blog through decor8 and love your softies!! Fabulous! very unique and inspirational.

sammi said...

thanks so much everyone for the encouragement! I'll be taking a breather for a week, so I will catch up with everyone soon...(I better get started on some prints :))

Leila said...

I really like the embroidery as well. Go for the prints is what I think!

Anonymous said...

sam! it's your mom's neighbor's daughter, ali! after several weeks of trying to find you on etsy.com (my mom tried to tell me your username, but she couldn't remember), i finally decided to google u. i should have done that sooner... love your stuff and it sounds like u r doing very well! i agree w/the others: u should do prints :) u probably don't remember, but u gave me a tile a few years ago; it's been on my book case since u gave it to me :) glad u r doing well. say hi to your mom!