Friday, April 11, 2008

still waiting.......

I am going crazy waiting for my battery to arrive. Apparently paying for two-day air wasn't the best choice, as they have lost my package and an investigation is now beginning. I didn't realize how much of an appendage the camera had become with me, and I just feel so naked without it. I am hoping today is the day as I have missed many "Kodak" moments this past week. Take for instance the other day......I came to the decision that I shouldn't have to always wait for nap or bedtime to do some of my own work. Many a morning I wake up and just so desperately want to make a cup of coffee and sit down for a bit of sewing. I decided that it would be good for the kids to see mum doing something she likes, and that they can just play on their own for a bit while I do so. After playing hard with them for an hour, I calmly told them that mummy was going to sew for a bit while they played. For a second (note the word second) I thought I had struck gold. Why hadn't I done this before? I started sewing, and everything was so peaceful......ummm, too peaceful. I could hear sweet laughter and giggles, and before long I was presented in the office with two half naked boys who had decided to paint each other's arms up to their shoulders in bright red paint. They had found some mummy paint and used whatever tools they could find to empty the entire contents of the paint container onto the dining room rug. It looked like a massive crime scene, yet to this moment I am still amazed that they managed to walk all the way across the house without touching anything (thank god)
Let's just say mummy was very "upset" with the situation, and I immediately admitted defeat. There are definitely those days where you just want some time to do what you want to do.......
maybe in a couple more years :)

3 comments:

Lovermore said...

Yikes! Did the paint ruin the carpet or were you able to get it out. Like you said, it's amazing that they didn't touch or bump up against anything in the house!

samantha cotterill said...

oh, it's just all in the typical day of life with young boys ( just wait....it all starts the minute you find yourself contantly stepping on cheerios that find their way around the house......) Fortunately I was able to get most of it out, and was just left with a little blurry reminder of that day :) I can't wait to get my camera so I can capture these moments. I am going absolutely crazy! By the way, your wee one is looking so cute. He looked like your clone at birth, but is now looking like his mum. (can't say that about the Lucious clones!)

samantha cotterill said...

oh, it's just all in the typical day of life with young boys ( just wait....it all starts the minute you find yourself contantly stepping on cheerios that find their way around the house......) Fortunately I was able to get most of it out, and was just left with a little blurry reminder of that day :) I can't wait to get my camera so I can capture these moments. I am going absolutely crazy! By the way, your wee one is looking so cute. He looked like your clone at birth, but is now looking like his mum. (can't say that about the Lucious clones!)