Thursday, April 17, 2008

on my desk.......


DSCN6756, originally uploaded by samcotterill.

A new doll in the works. I am finding that as I do each doll, they are looking more and more like the oil paintings and sculptures I used to do. (hmmmm....it may have something do with my friend Becky trying to put my doll making insecurities at bay by pointing out all the oil painted dolls I had done years back sitting throughout my house. For some reason it didn't even click that I have been doing dolls for a few years now, just not in such a child friendly, safe to chew on kind of way. (unless you consider oil paint and rust child friendly, then hey! I'm set.....)

2 comments:

Lovermore said...

Your dolls are so cool. I think I've asked you this before but I can't remember the answer: are you planning on selling the dolls?

samantha cotterill said...

hey scott....thanks for being my one and only fan....yes, I am selling them. I found a shop in Chicago that's picking them up, and then I have set up a shop on etsy.com that I will post on this weekend. I'll let you know when the shop is up and running.